Yes, another place for REVIEWS.
Mostly books, but there might be an app, gadget, or gizmo thrown in. Or food… cakes of richness, cookies to die for, new ways to cook shark meat, etc..
Sometimes they’re long & juicy, sometimes short and sweet. Some have a spoiler here & there, but I try to avoid them. But every book I read, I review everywhere I find a place to do so. And this is just another place for me to share Gray Matter. (Books from previous years WILL start popping up here as well. Oldies but Greaties!)
I’ve found that most books can only be reviewed where you bought them (mostly Amazon.com) and GoodReads, so I’m creating another place for promoting books worthy of my time. FYI: Writing is a form of ART, so they are ALL worthy of my time & respect.
A few things about me & reading (mostly):
- Covers make a huge impact. I worked too long in marketing to NOT notice them.
- Same gors for titles.
- I don’t read the end of a book first. It ruins it. It should be illegal!
- I will push through a book even if the beginning is slow because some of the best endings just need a detailed set-up. Like foreplay of the written word.
- I wish I could write, but I’m a bit scatterbrained at the best of times.
- I love reading urban fantasy, but prefer watching science fiction shows. I’m a visual person, some SyFy things are hard to really get the gist of unless you’re very familiar with the author’s style.
- I’m slowly turning my husband into a TV junkie.
- I have a Minor Injury Reaper that follows me around. He’s the Grim Reaper’s younger, somewhat more polite, cousin. He causes weird accidents to happen to me. I rarely go a day without an “ow-ow-ouch!” (or much much worse) spewing past my lips. (I like “son-of-a-basket-weaver” a lot right now.)
- Lastly, this site does NOT have automatic spellcheck! Arghh!
My main goal is to promote both indie and established authors and to get the word out about their books. Over the past year, I’ve watched some of my favorite, newly self-published authors go to full-time writing. It’s amazing to watch and I could not be more proud of them (think Katerina Martinez & Lee Dignam, the writing wife/husband duo who totally ROCK!).
Reading has always been a passion of mine, but with short-term memory loss it’s often a hardship when it comes to serial books. So I try to gobble them all up at one time, with a lighter book thrown in between somewhere to keep me interested and refresh my brain. But I could spend hours reading, unless I’m waiting for my husband to come home, then I fall asleep sitting up, with Kindle in-hand. Like last night. 😴 He works very crazy hours as a truck driver.
That’s that! Another place for me to spread my Gray Matter like peanut butter & jelly sandwiches… all smushed together and sometimes a little worse-for-wear.
Thank you for taking time to stop by, and I’m terribly embarrassed to admit that for 3 months part of this once said “get the word out about their boils”. I don’t spread any word of boils, I promise you.